Caulking around a self rimming sink rather than underneath?

My father-in-law and I recently installed a self r****ng stainless steel sink to our new laminate counter tops. When we installed the sink we didn't think to put a bead of caulk underneath the rim of the sink before mounting it, however after mounting the sink I caulked around the sink with Polyseamseal Tub and Tile Ultra Sealant and wiped down the excess sealant with a wet rag.

Will this method that I used do a sufficient job of keeping water from leaking underneath the rim of the sink and preventing water damage to the counter tops?

Reply to
jonesj.06

It'll probably be OK. Most plumbers put putty under the rim, and then chalk the finished edge after it's tightened down. The putty acts like a dam, keeping moisture at bay. I wouldn't worry too much though.

Reply to
Mike Grooms