Shower Pan & P-trap - Advice

Hello to all,

I want to re-tile my bathroom. However before proceeding, I would like to get some advise from the experts regarding the lead shower pan and p-trap.

The lead shower pan (about 42 years old)is on a concrete slab with a mortar base between it an the tile. I realize a new vinyl shower pan will have to be installed. However, I am unsure whether the old p-trap can be used since I don't know at this time whether they are soldered or bolted to the flange of the p-trap. Can anyone provide some advice on how to proceed with this project or whether I need to bring in a plumber to do this part of the work. The tile work is not a problem for me, but the plumbing aspect is since I'm not familiar with this situation.

In advance, thanks for your assistance!

JDA

Reply to
JDA