Sewer smell coming from open pipe?

Hello! I have a sewer smell that seems to be coming from a pipe between the 1st floor and the roof. The pipe has no cap on the inside. Is this normal?
replying to JasonFricch, AnnRegina wrote: Hi. I would suggest you to contact a plumber who will look into this matter. You can also contact the sewer treatment company NJ https://allweekplumbing.com/trenchless-sewer-repairs-and-service-nj.html who will inspect the problem and will solve it.
replying to JasonFricch, Norajhon wrote: dry out the traps and thus allowing smells to enter the home.There could be an air leak at the wax ring of the toilet or in the vent pipe.The trap provides a seal to keep out sewer gas. If your basement floor drain is rarely used, water evaporates from the trap over time.