Replace leaking shower drain - WIngtite?

Hi everyone!

Has anyone ever tried to install the Wingtite shower drain (see the web page at

I have a plastic/fiberglass corner shower stall on the second floor. The drain was leaking, and I removed it (perhaps a little too ambitious) down to the 2" abs drain riser. I have tongue in groove wood panelling on the floor below, so I don't want to cut into my ceiling. The wingtite drain says it can be installed from the top down (which is ideal).

Have you used it? Success/failure?

Easy to install? No leaks?

Any help is appreciated! All the literature on the net is produced by the company!

Thanks!

Reply to
prism_rock