Re: water pressure tank in rural area

I guess considering the serious problems we can all have, low water pressure doesn't rate on the charts. I'm getting used to it, but when I go to my mother's house- her town water pressure, coming off a mountain 1,200' higher is incredible. I don't know what her pressure is, how could I find out? Would the entire town, if all on the same piping system all have the same pressure? Then I could ask the town officials- just out of curiosity.

The real problem, though, is if the pressure is on the low end of the range, then, say, I flush the toilet, while the toilet is refilling, then I turn on the sink- the pressure is very low. Usually, I'll just let it run for a few minutes, then apparently, it hits the bottom end of the pressure range and the pump kicks in- which pushes it to the top end of the range quickly.

> "Joe Zorzin" > > One of the things of rural life is the 30-50 psi. This is normal. > Personally, I'm a city boy, and our rate here in Cincinnati is a good steady > 50. > > You can fool with the pressure switch if you like, but it's probably > better to just get used to it. As a child, our house had a shallow well. I > grew up just fine on the 20-40 psi cycle! > >
Reply to
Joe Zorzin

Dale Wilcox