Re: Bathtub Size??

On 07/06/03 "Ski Dog" snipped-for-privacy@snow.flies writes in part:

Notch the studs....54" and 60" are your ONLY choices. And if you want the best KnockDown (one you assemble in the room) get the Sterling brand made of Vikrell.
It may not be quite as shiny but IMHO the quality is unmatched, it is durable AND easy to assemble.
Doug
Doug.... Thanks for the recommendations. 1. I've been looking at Sterling, Swanstone and Aker. Swanstone and Aker seem to be stiffer tubs. Sterling has a better price point, about $200 better! 2. Should I use a brass or plastic drain assembly?
Leaning towards your Sterling Thanks.....Joel
Doug: Sterling Acclaim $249 Aker TS4-3260 $391 Aker TS2-3260 $346 Swan $448 Any thoughts??
On 07/0/03 "Ski Dog" snipped-for-privacy@snow.flies writes in part:

I've not heard of Aker, and if memory serves me right Swan is a pain to assemble. Are you sure $249 is for the four pieces of the Sterling Kit? Check carefully, sounds too low to me.
Doug