New well pump problems

I just replaced my above ground well pump. I reset the switch to 115v after checking my voltage. I have 115v between red and white, and also between red and green. Nothing between white and green. The pump comes on for about 5 seconds and turns off. The pressure switch stays closed because it never has a chance to build any pressure, and then it gets hot. It didn't burn me when I touched the case, but it was hotter than it should have been. Any ideas why the thermal overload is kicking in, and what I can do about it? Thanks, Don.

Reply to
Gasnmyveins