need help removing rotten pipe

I have a 1 1/2 inch galv. pipe that goes from my 1st floor thru the wall then floor to an elbow aprox 2ft out of reach in the basement between the floor joists (this 2 ft section is the problem) . This 2 ft horizontal section was not pitched correctly and has rotten on the bottom. When I try to remove the pipe with a pipe wrench the pipe crushes. Does anyone have any advice about how to remove this pipe. Thanks Dave

Reply to
lugnut

Call a plumber.

Reply to
Mark Monson

If the pipe crushes, you're probably due for a replumb job anyway. If I were you, I would just cut out the whole pipe from fixture to main stack with a hacksaw and install a new PVC pipe. If this proves to be too much to handle, you could cut out the bad section and go from there with PVC to the main stack. Use a Fernco coupling to connect the galvanized pipe to the PVC.

Robert

Reply to
Robert Calvert