dual water heater tank connected in sequence

Doe anyone know where I might get a diagram of two storage tank water heaters connected in sequence? I have two 40 gals in my 2200 sq ft home.

Reply to
d_vader

Dale Wilcox

Why do you want them connected in sequence vs. connected in parallel?

MM

Reply to
Mark Monson

Reply to
d_vader

If the heaters are in different parts of the house they are piped in series (sequenced). The basic idea is come out of the hot side on the primary heater and into the cold side on the secondary heater in series. Although you get a boost, this set-up can't supply the total recovery rate of both heaters added together. For maximum recovery using two heaters they must be piped in parallel. That is, the cold is split going into the heaters and the hot is split coming out. The heaters must be identical size and piped in "mirror" image so that all pipe lengths and fittings match. This ensures equal flow through the heaters and maximum recovery.

To eliminate the heater in the attic, simply bypass the heater by connecting the inlet and outlet pipes together.

MM

Reply to
Mark Monson

I was afraid of that.. I'll have to to bypass the heater like I originally thought to do.

Reply to
d_vader