Best Rated threads in Plumbing Forumshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Kohler Bath Drain Popup Stuck Closed HELP
The drain popup in the tub in our house is stuck in the closed position with water in the tub. I cannot get it to budge. It doesn't look like the mechanism is broken as there is tension. Any ideas how...
1
1

How to glue PVC SDR 35 to ABS?
Hello, I need to know how to glue SDR 35 (the blue water pipes the city uses) to black ABS. Will regular ABS to PVC transition glue work? or do you need a special glue for glue the blue SDR 35 pipe?...
1
1

Bath mixer taps
Hi, I'm having problems with a bath mixer tap with shower attachment. The cold water is forcing the hot water back down the pipe when I switch it to the shower attachment- how can I stop this? I've...
8
8

4" PVC slipped through 6" clay?
When installing a new sewer line at my house, the goal is a complete 4" sch40 PVC mainline connection from the house to the curb, except that, in one small section, in which a concrete staircase is...
5
5

Sewer Pipe Blasting
Sewer Pipe Blasting, has anyone have any information on this type of replacing a sewer line from a home to the city line at the street, without digging up the complete line area. ??
1
1

flushing cat litter down toilet - should landlord forbid this?
I'm a landlord now dealing with problems in a basement floor drain (Palmer valve) - sewer gas smelling up basement - smell is musty, not clear what it is but I could convince myself it's like cat/crap...
20
20

Swirl Mono Sink Mixer Kitchen Tap (2023 Update)
I have a 25 month old (1 month) out if warranty) Swirl kitchen tap that now has a drip. The installation instructions do not include how to repair/replace the tap cartridges. Does the arm on the tap...
1
1