a toilet's stability

yes i have seen that problem with the horn sticking down too far. I use reg wax ring in that case.

This brings up another good practice with wax rings, Put it on the toilet then set toilet not put wax on floor then try to set toilet on it.

Reply to
Ned Flanders

I do the same. I put a chalk mark + on the floor so my aim is close

adjustments.

Reply to
Red Jacket The Laughing India

before the days of wax rings they used a plaster like mix of newspaper and plaster or something like that and it was called frit i think. maybe im just forgetting the real name but i thaught it was frit.

Reply to
Ned Flanders

Plaster of Paris & newspaper clippings was used to make "dynamite". That was how we (plumbers) capped off risers (baldies and hubs) to perform tests. It may have been known in other areas by other names.

Bob Wheatley

Reply to
Bob Wheatley

Try building a substantial wooden box around the toilet and mount a toilet seat onto that surface (over a hole of course). Surround the alcove/box with some heavy duty grab bars and you have something. The trick is to not let the fat guy actually sit on the toilet ( I imagine an outhouse bench over a real toilet). Make sure to hinge the top and front so it can be cleaned. He can even put a carved wooden backrest behind it and call it a throne.

500lbs! your're gonna need 4X4 construction unless you can weld steel. It may be possible to build off of the wall studs.
Reply to
PipeDown