Glued glass removal help

I have a glass table that broke. I am trying to replace the glass, but the glass is attached to this round aluminium like metallic thing that is screwed to the base of the table. I have no idea how to get the broken glass off this metallic piece. Anyone has an experience on this?

Reply to
Anonymous

Typically, heat will release the glue. It's not really normal for glass to be glued, but try a Hair Dryer or Heat Gun to melt the glue so you can scrape it off and separate everything. If that doesn't work, for some reason, then saturate the glue with Nail Polish Remover or Acetone. Those, should get you free. Replace the glass with Tempered Glass and try not to glue it again, put A FEW pads under it instead. Pieces of Foam Tape works, but need replacement every 10-years or less.

Reply to
Anonymous