They're all cattleyas now

In case you didn't see this on the OGD, Cassio van den Berg moved everything but Rhyncholaelia, Guarianthe and the Mexican Laelias into Cattleya.

or if that doesn't work then try
I asked about L. tenebrosa and got the answer that he puts tenebrosa and lobata etc as varieties of purpurata.

I understand he'll be lumping those debatable epidendrums early next year.

On a different subject I noticed 'Neodiversity' is an electronic publication that will send printed papers to libraries etc but who basically use electronic means to disseminate their articles...I thought someone one got in trouble for using an electronic publication to publish their work.... was it Braeme? or the kovachii mess? That a hard copy had to be made......? But what do I know. Maybe the few hard copies they send to whatever libraries they use is sufficent for the taxonomy gods. I could be completely misremembering.

K Barrett

Reply to
K Barrett