the membership thing:

Average total distribution per issue during >preceding 12 months >(including

>free copies) of Orchid: >2004 = 24312 >2005 = 22574 > 2006 -- 20863
2007: 18010, total sum.

oh my.

--j_a

Reply to
jankey

It has been a huge drop off. However, I'm willing to venture that things will turn around. I can't speak for any region except my own, but our local experience is very good.

Events are more inclusive, and there is a great deal of contact between AOS and the Societies. I get regular emails addressing a variety of subjects, and we have wonderful support from judges (one in particular) and other volunteers. The classes offered at AOS headquarters are pertinent and span a range that has appeal to newbies and seasoned growers.

In short, while many of us felt out of the loop in the past, that has changed dramatically. That's a great first step. I'd be interested to hear how the regional changes are working. Being in FL is not the same as living in, say Chicago, I'm sure.

It's a big ship, and it will take time to turn it. IMO, they are really trying, so we'll see.

Reply to
Diana Kulaga