Storing rain water

Hey all,

Should I have any concerns about keeping rain water stored over winter for the orchids? I keep it in the same room and covered. No bad odors but it does have a slight green tinge.

Thanks.

Mark

Reply to
Mark_OK
Нow much water do you realy want to save? to me unless you ar getting a good supply of rain fall in which case saving water for drye periods may not be that advantagous, then small drums aren't going t stay full for long
Reply to
johnpierce79

I keep my plants indoors under lights in the winter and it is easier to keep the humidity up so less watering. In the summer they are outside in a shade house.

Average rainfall in my part of Oklahoma is 34 in. This year 53 in.

Last month we got .34 of precip.

In the summer I collect with two 55 gal. barrels. A couple weeks of 100+ temps they go fast. In the winter I have two 32 gal. barrels on wheels that I can roll out and bring back in to keep them from freezing.

My wife just shakes her head at how much time and effort I put into these plants. But she sure does enjoy the show they put on.

Reply to
Mark_OK