Questions On A Phalaeonopsis Orchid

Hello,

First, I should admit that I know nothing about orchids, but would like to learn.

I bought an inexpensive orchid in a small pot for an anniv. gift for wife. Quite cheap, and very pretty. Called a "Phalaeonopsis Orchid" according to the little tag on it. (yellow color).

Has 4 flowers, 2 of which look like they are now dyeing. Have had about a month. On kitchen table, getting some indirect light thru kitchen window, and also about 10 hrs/day of light from a hanging overhead table light.

Questions:

a. how long can one reasonably expect it to last ?

b. Should i cut off the two bad flowers ?

c. If I do, will new flowers come ?

etc.

BTW: Are these considered an Annual Or A Perinneal ? Are all orchgids one-or-the-other ?

Thanks, Bob

Reply to
Robert11