Ping SuE

Denver is coverd in snow. They closed the airport. Are you OK?

Kath

Reply to
K Barrett

We are fine. About 2 feet fell. the problem is what blew. My front door flower bed, which usually gets 2" and then melts dry, is waist deep in snow. It did not quit snowing in Denver until after noon. We are 50 miles north and woke to bright clear skys. After 5 cleanings we can get out. In fact our drive is dry. It is just the piles that we are not used to any more. When you live in snow country you kind of expect every corner to be blind due to snow piles, we are not in the habit of that anymore. Deciding which side of the drive to build the pile was an unusual event. In Chicago it is automatic, here it is unheard of.

My daughter who is 4' 6" has a 4-foot high drift between her garage door and the street.

We even saw the tracks of that vanishing species; Snow Plow efficient. They plowed 1 pass up the street tonight. I think the last time they plowed the street was March 15, 2003. That was the last big snow that Metro Denver had. And I am not even sure we got that much of it. We are north and east of Boulder so that we are in a mountain shadow rather than at the foot of a pass. This allows some shadow protection from most snow. This one came from the east and ran up against the mountains which caused it to dump. An upslope snow is like a lake effect snow.. fells unending. And D U M P S.

SuE

Susan Erickson