Mottled leaf paphs.

I have a Paph Magic Lantern I'd dearly love to see bloom once before I die. I bloomed it last in 1996 - 7, somewhere in there...

It grows but doesn't bloom. I think I saw a bud last year but I top watered and it damped off. Leaf span is about 5 inches, tip to tip. It sits relatively close to the swamp cooler, so highs may be about 80-85, lows about 60 at night in summer to 52-55 in winter. Cattleya light. I've been good about feeding and watering weakly weekly this year. Humidity 50-70%. Evenly moist mostly. Potted in fine bark (3:1, bark: #3 perlite) in plastic pot, not over potted. I repotted in April, roots had good growing tips. (yellow? I htink they were yellow but don't quote me.)

Magic Lantern is micranthum x delenatii

K Barrett

What am I doing wrong?

Reply to
K Barrett

We don't do anything special for ours, and they certainly don't get any 40F nights, because we heat to 52F (the current compromise between leaf drop on the vandas and the gas bill) on the few nights a year that we do have to heat.

They do get a drier winter, but only because everything else in the shadehouse does, too, we don't do enough of them to fill a full watering zone.

They don't bloom as often for us as they do for the Hawaiians, but we generally do get at least once, and sometimes 2x/year. Kenni

Reply to
Kenni Judd

I second that emotion. Both the sp. are cool growing plants for the subtropics. a great cross. m

Get it cold. 45-40 degrees F. One of our speakers last year was

Reply to
macodesman