C. Muriel Loo x C. bicolor photo link

The plant:

The flower close up. The pink streaks on the petals and sepals are caused by a reflection.

Kathy, you were instrumental in goading me into buying this a number of years ago; you even found a link. (Right, like I needed to be goaded!) Know anything about registration? It's not on OrchidWiz, as far as I can find.

Diana

Reply to
Diana Kulaga

I still have great taste. *G*! Nope I don't see it there or in the RHS either. Muriel Loo is something called C White Christmas crossed onto C bicolor, so this has '2 shots' of bicolor.... Looking at teh parentage of White Christmas it has all teh floofy catts in its background, gaskelliana , warneri, etdc. I see very little if any of these in this progeny. Same with my C Patroncinii. I see no labiata in its make up. Only the bicolor....so I assume the bicolor is dominant, LOL!

K Barrett

You want a GREAT speaker on hybridizing sometime get Ron McHatton from AOS to come speak. He just did a talk here called "Can you get there from here?" Or some such on Color Inheritance patterns. Fascinating. SuE

Sue Erickson