Ants in my Orchids

I live in the Orlando, Florida area and have a number of assorted Orchid plants hanging in a large Magnolia tree in my back yard. All of my orchids are thriving in this climate. In a typical year, there are

4 or 5 nights when it is cold enough to warrant bringing the orchids inside.

My problem is that ants have gotten into some of the orchids. Apparently, they like the moist growing media. Is there anything I can use to get rid of the ants (and keep them away) that would be safe for the orchids? I don't want to take a chance of damaging the orchids. I would rather have them with the ants than not have them at all.

I am hoping that there is some sort of granulated product that would have some staying power yet not put the orchid plants themselves at risk.

In advance, I appreciate any help.

HJ

Reply to
Haywood Jablowme

Used Coffee grounds? Caffeine is natures insecticide.

I don't think it's much of a problem until you want to bring them back inside.

Reply to
KurtG

Haywood,

Google 'ant bait recipe'. Instructions are there for either boric acid or

20 Mule Team Borax. The author recommends us>> I live in the Orlando, Florida area and have a number of assorted
Reply to
Bob Walsh