Subject Author Posted Replies

any advice on a fridge?
OK, I think it's time for a new fridge... before I subject myself to the slick talking salesmen at the local appliance emporium, can anyone recommend any particular brands/models that are...
44
44

Garage door curve
My garage door is 16 feet in length with a slight curve/bend in the middle. The inside has the triangular metal supports which I'm sure stop it from bending more than it is but I would like to...
4
4

Water powered backup sump pump with low pressure 35psi
I was looking at installing one of those water powered pumps for a backup. The manufacturer says to have at least 40 psi. I had the water company come and check my pressure and it was 35 at the...

Discharge sump pump into same drain as kitchen sink and laundry tub?
In my basement near a corner there is a 1 1/2 pvc pipe running down the wall from the upstairs kitchen. The laundry tub is also tied into this same pipe and they flow to the right into the sewer. On...
9
9

Bathroom Exhaust Fan - Soffit Clearance from Window
I recently had a ceiling bathroom exhaust fan installed and it is time to install the vent duct. I don't want it to exhaust into the attic so would prefer to have it exit the house via under the...
3
3

Trailer Sucks In Dirt - How to Check?
OK, I need some innovative ideas from the esteemed members of this group. I've got a 1995 6 x 8 Haulmark trailer. Double doors in the rear, no side door or roof vent. Over the past few months it...
13
13

# of wires per jucntion box -- includes the ground wire?
As an example, I am looking at a ceiling fan box that says that it is rated for up to five #12 wires. Does that include the bare ground wires that will be going into the box, or is it just the...
7
7

Step construction for handicapped?
Concrete front porch rises 10 inches above ground level. Rather than having a ramp put in for someone who is having trouble ascending those 10 inches, I am thinking of maybe having 3 or 4 concrete...
12
12

The future of electricity.(IT TOTALLY AMAZING STUFF...)
The future of electricity When the future of electricity is discussed, quite a number of thoughts come into mind. Let=92s look at a few of such ideas. Electricity will be wireless! Wouldn=92t it be...
4
4

Ceiling lights wiring plan
I have an apartment that is being rewired and I am trying to find sample wiring plans for wiring the ceiling lights/fans. There are 5 rooms that will have ceiling fixtures -- LR, 2 BR's, a...
23
23

Cabots vs Benjamin Moore
Anyone on this group ever use Cabot Solid Acrylic Latex Deck Stain w/Teflon? I thought I would save a few bucks last year and buy Cabot's SALDS w/Teflon. Big mistake. This isn't the first...
2
2

Colorwashing: Light Layer Over Dark?
Hi, After following the instructions from a Benjamin Moore pamphlet, I need to fix the result of my colorwashing project. Base layer = light peach (color names are approximations) 1st glaze layer =...

sump pump receptacle in ceiling
Can anybody tell me why the receptacle for my sump pump in mounted to a floor joist ? The cord reaches and the only the friction of the conductors holds it there, but is there a code reason for...
23
23

furnace 7" limit switch
greeting, i have determined the the limit switch in my furnace is bad and i have found the following replacement part on line question is that the new switch has 3 connections whilst my old switch has...
3
3

Reinsulate attic?
Bought a small brick Colonial last June. Attic has blown-in fiberglass between the joists on the floor. The joists are covered with plywood. I want to keep using the attic for storage, but I also want...
10
10