Subject Author Posted Replies

Simplex Push button door locks can be defeated by a magnet
"Mr. Miller also argued in court that the magnet was unwieldy and too powerful for most people to use. "It's a big, heavy thing that if you have it in your pocket, and you happen to walk by something...

Repair or replace
Repair or replace. That question often comes up here. I had two examples in the past week. I have a Rubbermaid mailbox and post that wad damaged in the snowstorms. Replacement post, delivered $54 New...
26
26

Prepping a painted floor for fresh paint
Down in this basement I can see 2 layers of gray floor paint were it's peeled or scraped off the concrete floor over many years. Just a couple weeks ago the whole place flooded and was underwater for...
6
6

OT: Pi in the sky
You're not going to believe this: ========================================== Congresswoman Martha Roby (R-Ala.) is sponsoring HR 205, The Geometric Simplification Act, declaring the Euclidean...
31
31

Noalox experience
we hams are pretty familiar with noalox. we use it to ensure conductivity between elements of beam antennas. ive seenatennas that have been up in the weather for 30 years and the noalox was still in...
2
2

LEAK in wall? (Was: new valve stems - unequal water pressure)
More questions regarding my plumbing project of yesterday. I replaced two valve stems in a shower/tub and had to clean out material that was clogging what I assume are the valve seats due to low flow....
15
15

OT maneuvering with power
OT "Sion, giving you the power to maneuver today's congested cities" How much power does one need in congested cities! I thought power was for pulling a boat, a trailer, or going fast!
11
11

A Plumbing Question....
Is there a connector for a washing machine water outlet, that has two separate water outlets? One would supply water to the W/M, and the other could be used for an external water hose . A splitter, I...
10
10

Patio tiles
My outdoor patio is a 12-foot x 30-foot concrete slab. I'm looking for interlocking (i.e., snap-together) tiles. The tiles must allow allow water to drain through. The tiles must be comfortable to...
25
25

Dear Whoever:
I notice you have taken to task a writer about whether or not a post is on topic, is spelled correctly, or some other minute detail. I would like to inform you that the post of Netnanny is already...
5
5

OT: sprint newsgroup/forum?
Way OT, but on newsguy there is only one sprint NG and it appears to be abandoned by the spambots. Are there any forums that aren't controlled by sprint where people actually have discussions? Reason...
10
10

Kenmore top-loading washer, series 80
Kenmore top-loading washer, series 80. Burning smell, but still works. I noticed that during spin (to remove water) if I lift the lid the spin stops IMMEDIATELY, no coasting to a stop. I'm pretty...
3
3

Neighbors fight over dog dirt
Mebbe y'all din' notice - this happen in Mizzippi HB
8
8

Cool sight today
Driving northward past Nellis Air Force Base, Nevada, and coming straight at us on final southerly approach, a C-130. Unknown if just a cargo carrier, or a Spooky, but one big fat slow beautiful...
25
25

New valve stems - unequal water pressure
I replaced two old style Sayco valve stems with new of same stems in a tub/shower and the water pressure is weaker on the hot water side. Turning it full on doesn't increase the pressure, whereas the...
8
8