wrought iron gate doesn't close properly

Hi, I need to fix a wrought iron gate that doesn't close properly. Can I sledge hammer it or wonder bar it? I don't want to hurt it....about a foot of it is maybe bent? It protrudes a little by the post so the gate doesn't close. What do you all suggest?

Reply to
caitken

caitken,

You make it sound as if the gate needs to be rehung rather than beat upon. Can you arrange some pictures?

Dave M.

Reply to
David L. Martel

We all suggest some pictures. It's a bit tough to suggest a sledge hammer when we don't know what you will be sledging.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

I suggest you find out what is wrong before taking a hammer to it. You can make it worse. Could be many things and without seeing it, impossible to say.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Hi, It is called wreckless approach w/o logic, LOL!

Reply to
Tony Hwang

I assume that the bent part hits the post which prevents it closing? If not, I'll have to assume something else.

Reply to
willshak