Wow, expensive lighting!

Then you will never learn. When was the last time you worked?

Reply to
Fredxx

but "magnets" are

Reply to
Clare Snyder

I've done it with a flexshaft tool driving a slitting saw mounted to the compound rest of my Myford lathe and running the feed by hand. Used the drive gears as a deviding head to make multiple slits in the brass tubing

Reply to
Clare Snyder

Might be more productive to find out the FIRST time --

Reply to
Clare Snyder

Deliberate sidetracking with insults doesn't help your argument.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

That would be even less useful information.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Nevermind "magnets", what about magnets?

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

On the job does not mean with live patients.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

It looked pretty standardised to me.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Well get making and selling then!

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Well, you're not "on the job" then, yet.

So all the anatomy and chemistry lessons are unneeded first?

"I don't think so..."

Reply to
dpb

You can be in employment. I once worked in a Sky TV call centre. No experience necessary, they took a month to teach people what they needed to know.

Those should be done at the place of employment, not in a school or university.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

"One of the benefits of creating hand-machined and hand-assembled lighting is having a facility where we can show our process to our clients and other lighting enthusiasts."

But, looking at the web site which also says specifically

"In 2011, a small team with a big passion for design embarked upon a mission to bring a fresh perspective on lighting technology to an industry poised for change. Juniper would soon become one of the early pioneers of the burgeoning Brooklyn contemporary lighting scene..."

"Today, Juniper is a fully-integrated design and manufacturing studio. Honesty, passion, and craftsmanship are fundamental in our quest to bring upscale architectural lighting to homes, offices, and hospitality spaces worldwide. Juniper has recently expanded its location as an architectural lighting company into a New York showroom and manufacturing facility in Connecticut."

If you're going to support that kind of high-end product, volume is necessarily going to be low and margins will have to be high to make things work...until the niche market becomes large enough the knockoffs show up, anyway.

I'd guess there are a lot of laser slotters there or they buy the tubing already slotted from the manufacturer.

Reply to
dpb

I thought you meant I could say "I want one that looks like this". But the page seems to suggest you just get the hexagon.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey