Worry, worry

Had to turn on the electric blanket last night. Now I can worry about frozen water lines and, worse, frozen electric lines! Heater won't work with frozen electrons. Always need more to worry about.

Reply to
KenK

When the electricity thaws in the spring, the power surge can destroy electrical devices.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Worry, Worry = ??, ?? in Korean language. It means calling a dog. This morning it is frosty -8C here. Last night just a trace of snow. I slept naked like always. I can sleep best naked, LOL! No worry about freezing anything. Actually electrons travel faster when frozen, remember super conductor?

Reply to
Tony Hwang

My electric meter is outside, in the cold, but I keep a pan underneath it to catch the electrons that fall out of it. I save them in the freezer and on warm days I pour them back in the meter.

If it's more electricity than I'm using that day, the electric company pays me for them.

Reply to
Micky

Stormin Mormon wrote in news:X63%x.1765$eE.625 @fx07.iad:

Oh no! More to worry about! Maybe I could put some sort of drain on the line to get rid of some of them? They probably won't budge.

Reply to
KenK

Shush.

If the geniuses that run the EPA read this, we will all be required to use catch pans.

Reply to
Frank

If the electrons won't budge, use a POD (Pseudo Open Drain) which has a strong pull down:

DerbyDad03

Whoops, bad link.

If the electrons won't budge, use a POD (Pseudo Open Drain) which has a strong pull down:

DerbyDad03

Bad link in previous response. I'll ask the moderator to delete it. ;-)

If the electrons won't budge, use a POD (Pseudo Open Drain) which has a strong pull down:

DerbyDad03

I hope you didn't forget to change over to winter light suckers!

Reply to
Harry K

e. It means calling a dog.

Don't count on 'not freezing anything'. I heat with wood, also sleep naked . At 0 dark 30 one very frosty nigt I was woke up by the fire alarm scream ing at us. Dove out the patio door, up the steps and out onto the weed pat ch far enough to see if he chimney was on fire. There I was 30' out in abo ut minus 20 weather in the altogether and bare feet. Fun doesn't describe it.

It was a carbon monoxide warning. ventilated the house and back to bed, no thing more heard.

Willy did thaw out.

Reply to
Harry K

That's why it's best to buy wire insulated for climate zone 7 in the U.S. The electrons will always be nice and toasty.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

Harry K posted for all of us...

That's dark suckers...