working with Corian counter tops ?

What's the best way to cut a Corian counter top ? I know you just about have to use a Corian trained installer...but for simply cutting a counter...what's the best way to cut...saw...router...metal blade jig saw...etc ?

Thanks, Tim R

Reply to
TimR

That's because they won't sell it to anyone else.

Reply to
dadiOH

Any carbide woodworking tolls will work in Corian. It would probably be best to create a template and use a carbide router bit. ______________________________ Keep the whole world singing . . . . DanG (remove the sevens) snipped-for-privacy@7cox.net

Reply to
DanG

I've fabricated several countertops, some fairly elaborate. After carefully measuring several times :-) use any suitable saw to rough cut close to your layout line, then finish with a router guided by a clamped straightedege or other template. It cuts like butter.

-- Dennis

Reply to
DT

I have had excellent luck with a 7.25" carbide blade in my 10" table saw. The narrower kerf and slower tip speed eliminates chipping. You can clean up the edges and round them over with a router. I also had good luck with fine paper in a sander. Getting Corian is hard but working ity is easy when you figure out it is hard and a bit brittle.

Reply to
gfretwell