Wooden water/sewer pipes.

I was watching a show called Modern Marvels. It showed wooden pipes from long ago. It also showed wooden pilings being driven for New Orleans. Wooden pilings have been holding Venice, Italy up for hundreds of years.

Anyhow, a couple links if anyone is interested.

Dean Hoffman

When I moved to my neighborhood, there was still the remains of an old steel rod wrapped wood pipe visible along one of my jogging paths. I was probably 1 ft. ID, wrapped with 1/4" steel at about 4" of pipe per wrap.

Reply to
Bob F

I love Modern Marvels. Missed this episode though. Thanks for the interesting links.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Looks like Ancient Aliens replaced Modern Marvels.

Reply to
Vic Smith