Wood frame all glass panel garage door?

This will sound silly to most but here goes. Was dining @ Logan's roadhouse the other night and was asked if we would sit in the garage.......we said sure. The garage consisted of wood frame, all glass panels overhead doors, that were stained to perfection (fruitwood color). Anyway that is all it took, as we have been trying to devise a mutifunction sunroom/ recroom/ extra vehicle garage. We have an alarm system in place to guard our proposed glass house. I am ready to build it.........but can't find the wood/glass doors anywhere. Have googled and yahooed till I am blue in the face. Plenty of folks offer aluminum/glass but no wood glass. If no one here knows of a souce I will try to ask the manager @Logan's. I suspect the architect is long gone. This is the Louisville KY Logan's. Do all of them have the garage? Thanks in advance for any help that can be provided. All responses welcome. BTW I am kinda stuck on the stained wood deal to make it blend in with our house. There is not a painted board on the premises. Thanks Lyndell

Reply to
Lyndell Thompson

Google for "glass garage door", using the quotation marks, to limit your search. On the right column, you will find a place called

that sells all glass metal-framed doors. The one you saw could have been metal, stained/painted to simulate wood. If they don't have what you want, they may know who does. Also on the same google site are similar doors used as cafe and restaurant fronts, some used, and for sale.

Reply to
Roger

will make an all glass door for you and provide matching hardware as well.

Rich

Rich

Since you can buy almost any wood door w/ a glass top section, you should be able to get the all glass door from any garage door dealer. Just tell them you want glass in every section. Since the door was in a public area the glass was most likely tempered (required by code in Florida to a certain height in public places) & since you will be using this as a rec room you may also want to consider you something stronger then the normal garage door glass.

Doordoc

Doordoc

twenty or so years back, I worked at a company that sold/installed garage doors, among other home items. They did make wood doors that had wood frames and were made with at least one section of glassed panels. I used to replace the broken glass, when they were not yet sold.

I would suggest that it'd be easy to buy a door that was all wood, and use a skill saw or the like, and cut out the masonite panels and install glass. ( we did this also in a pinch )..........all you need to do is buy some 1/4 round and go to town. small brad nails and some putty and they'd look like they were builtt that way.

This is a suggestion, not intended for normal installations, but it could be done on all sections. however , I suggest you do all but the bottom section for obvious damage reasons. You'd only lose a small portion of the "openness".

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply

MUADIB®

MUADIB®