wood foundation and flooring

I have a cabin with a full basement wood foundation. The floor is 3/4" plywood. I'd like to install something more pleasing to the eye.

What are my limitations with respect to materials?

Can I use carpet? Engineered wood floor?

The basement is dry although there has been some condensation on water supply from well. Foam insulation on the pipes should cure the condensate.

Thanks.

Reply to
franz frippl

Hi, Wood foundation properly done is as good as concrete and will last LONG time. You can install any flooring material you want. My cabin has yellow pine planks and carpet, as well as lino(in the bath room).

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Thanks for encouragement. I will most likely do ceramic in the laundry and wood for the balance.

Reply to
franz frippl