Wiring question

Can I hook up a regular 120v to a doorbell button?

I have these nasty kids that ring my doorbell, then run off.

I'd like to somehow hook it up, so when they press the button, they get shocked.

Who would I call to do this? About how much?

Reply to
Porter Q.

Call your local police and turn yourself in. You'll get about five years.

Reply to
Bert Byfield

first person to call would be your lawyer. You're gonna need him.

Steve Barker

15 years to life, if you are lucky. 3 to 5 even if you don't plug it in but you get caught.
Reply to
clare

This has been trolled here in the past. Try a new one.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

On 3/22/2009 5:40 PM Porter Q. spake thus:

Try a good criminal defense attorney, in advance.

Or even better in your case, a bad lawyer.

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

Hook the button up to a camera, so you can get a picture of them, and give it to their parents.

-- aem sends...

Reply to
aemeijers

i hook ours up to an air horn at halloween time. An inexpensive solenoid valve on a properly aimed garden hose would work also.

Reply to
Steve Barker

I do a Klaxon horn. I have a circuit rigged so it will only work once every few minutes.

Jimmie

Reply to
JIMMIE

Disconnect the doorbell and ignore the kids.

Reply to
Phisherman

Our neighborhood kids were waiting until 11 PM to ring doorbells, just after I would fall asleep. I installed motion floodlights, and they went elsewhere.

Reply to
Phisherman

2 brothers did this many years ago, the smallest one perhaps 4 years old.

one day i stumbled onto a old rubber halloween mask.

I waited while the older one pushed his brother to knock.

I ran out and scared the living crap out of him, chased him the 2 doors to his home where his dad came out and asked whats up.

the father asked you been knick knocking?> yeah said the kid. go in the house now. dad apologized.

many years later they were moving the kids asked if i remembered that day?

yeah so do we:( dad gave us a terrible spanking.

the youngest was about to get married, they turned out very nice

Reply to
bob haller

Do it yourself with an electric fence charger. Non lethal, cheap and effective.

Joe

Reply to
Joe

Do you remember the Dennis the Menace movie, where Dennis is doing "door bell ditch" on his babysitter. Mr. Wilson from next door comes to ask a question. He pierces his finger on the tack, taped to the door bell. They get him out the window with.......

..... and he's standing on the door step......

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Just hook up a taser to it, those are legal and it will knock them on their asses.

Reply to
Van Chocstraw

Reply to
jimmy