wiring for sumersible water pump

Hello all,

my question concerns the wiing setup for a single phase installation of my 220V1.5HP water pump. It has four wires at the base. One of them (yellow-green) marked PE (and connected to the chassis of the motor) has been cut off and will noy be used. .

The other three (in order) which make the connection consist of a BROWN wire with a white stripe (which the diagram shows as having some connection to the next wire, probably through the capacitor) which is a blue wire labelled "N" and a black wire labeled "N" as well, which then turns into "L1".

I have two wires which bring the electricity. These two wires I connect to the black and the blue. The two capacitor wires I connect to one of these two as well as to the brown striped wire. I would like to know if this is correct? This is the setup I've used before

Hope I've been coherant. thx.

Reply to
bardos

sounds like you cut off the ground wire:( Its a essential safety device espically around water and electric espically 240.....

Its purpose is...

If a internal wire shorts to the case the breaker will trip.

Otherwise the motors shell and anything in contact with it is energized....

you have a hazard. why did you cut off the green wire?

Reply to
hallerb

It came that way. Or the person i bought it from cut it off.

Reply to
bardos