Will my life be saved by my flood light?

It was past midnight and raining like crazy. The dam broke and the river is overflowing it's banks and a wall of water is rushing toward my house. It's a major flood and the flood alert sirens are blasting loudly. I thought my only hope was to get to my car and drive away from the flood. I just stepped out of my front door and felt myself get sucked off my front porch and slammed against the wall. I thought for sure that I was a goner, but somehow I was able to grab a hold of my door and I pulled myself back into the house, which by then had a foot of water over my carpeting. I grabbed my cell phone and called

911. The person on the other end asked me what was wrong. I told her I am in a flood and it is too dark to see my car in order to escape the flood. The 911 operator quickly asked me if there are any flood lights on my house. I said yes, there is one above the porch. The operator told me to turn it on, so I did. Immediately I could see both my car and the neighbors house floating across the lawn. I told the operator what I saw, and she said, "Sir, you have nothing to fear now. You were prepared for this flood when you installed that flood light". I'm glad to know that there are people in our community that are careful enough to prepare in advance for things like floods". I said, "but what am I to do now?". She said, do whatever you want. You're in a flood, but you have a flood light, so you can now see the flood. As long as you can see it, you will survive" I thanked her and hung up the phone, knowing that flood light saved my life. After this flood is over, I think I am going to install a spot light on my house too, just in case I am ever attacked by spots.

Of course, the story don't end here. Now that my flood light in on, I just looked out the window and noticed that my house is passing Harvey's Bait shop. That has me worried, because Harvey's is 5 miles down river. Then I quickly looked out the rear window and I can see there are miles and miles of wires connected to floating power poles, and the wires are getting tighter and tighter. This, has me very worried, because if those wires stretch too far, they could break, and if they do, my flood light will stop working, and I will drown. Worse yet, if my phone line breaks, I will lose my internet connection and will not be able to finish this message, which would be the worse possible scenerio.

I just hope the wires last long enough to allow me to stay on the int e r n e t

Reply to
com.AOL

If you had been paying attention to all the recent "religious spam" being posted here (and hundreds of other newsgroups), you'd know that only Jesus can save....not a floodlight.........

Reply to
Dr. Hardcrab

What the house stick or brick?

I remember a story in a prior thread of the three brothers; and u remenber - they were pigs. One was a mason, a carpeter, and a basketweaver (the basketweaver built his house of straw).

But insteat if a flood, they were troubled by wolf.

The masion pig was saved when he unplugged his computer and strangled with wolf with the wire from his cable modem. So I guess pig was appy too to be saved by a wire. If he had wireless internet he would have been screwed.

c_kubie

Reply to
c_kubie

I have to admit, having been wiped out by the floods here in '99, being in a boat while ripping soffit off the shop to get the cat out of the attic, and seeing some very strange things floating by, that I somehow got a perverse kick out of that post, and laughed for a bit over it. It actually brightened up my day. Nothing quite like waking up at night in your bed with your back getting wet, like my friends did, or wading through your house in knee deep water, wondering where your family will live, while gathering your dry belongings. Got flooded out again a week later in a donated house as the water kept rising in the area. 26,000 homes destroyed. Sure did make me appreciate life more. Thanks for the laugh.

RJ

Reply to
Backlash

com.AOL@smithmartin wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com: