Wifi network names

You never take your laptop elsewhere? Why bother with a laptop? Cell phone?

Sure. Why not just have the laptop just listen for the router(s). I also use routers to tell my phone where it is.

Reply to
krw

If it's long enough, it really doesn't matter. The password is hashed into a fixed length number anyway.

Reply to
krw

Get them cheap from china.

Greg

Reply to
gregz

Some screen shots of realtek program.

Greg

Reply to
gregz

Yes, I take my laptop to other places, but I have only one *permanent* WiFi connection defined -- to my own home WiFi. If I take it to a coffee shop or library, then it sees the broadcast SSID, and I can connect to that network.

Perce

Reply to
Percival P. Cassidy

The internet is NOT a place to joke around. The internet is very serious business.

Reply to
agent-orange

What's the penalty for joking? Have to take some sensetivity training classes, taught by old retired Catholic penguins, with rulers for whacking knuckles? No, wait, separation of church and state. Maybe Bob Dole and John McCain can be hired to teach? Some descendants of Richard Nixon?

.

The internet is NOT a place to joke around. The internet is very serious business.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

You do the WAN discovery every time? What a PITA.

Reply to
krw

snipped-for-privacy@FBI.gov wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

I almost used the FBI surveillance van for mine. Now I use, CIA_Safehouse. Found a bunch of others on a website.

Reply to
ktos

I like "dangerous site".

Reply to
gfretwell

"FREE viruses This network kills everyone".

Reply to
sam E

I thought maybe Crack House Crack Ho Ho House

Reply to
Metspitzer

"FBI Crack Trap House"

Reply to
sam E

While on vacation, I was sniffing a wifi across street at fairly small hotel like building.

OMG, must have had 8-9 units, with names like back porch, front, porch, dinning, etc. And I'm listening across the street. All password protected, darn.

Greg

Reply to
gregz