Why not LED bulbs?

We ran out of spare bulbs so I was tasked with getting new ones. "None of that LED crap mind".

Now I knew 'florescent' lights set of (photo sensitive) epilepsy due to their flicker, and that the 'old' energy saving bulbs used to take ages to brighten up. So back then filament was the way to go. Nowadays I can't seem to get filament bulbs for love nor money (except on Amazon where they tend to get crap reviews)is there a reason to still use filament bulbs rather than LED ones? Would think the difference in purchase price is WAY outweighed by running and replacement savings.

Reply to
soup