Why is a multi-room DVR something worth crrowing about?

Here's why *I* would. I have them on different TV's now- but having them both in one room has been tempting.

My boxes can record 2 show at once. There are more than 2 networks competing for my eyes- so they all try to put their best stuff on at the same time. Now they've begun to just run shows over for 1 minute so it interferes with the next show on another network.

2 receivers let me record 4 shows at once while I watch something recorded earlier.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Elbrecht

I've noticed that. Not just networks, right. Independent stations do the same thing, I think.

You clearly think they do it to interfere with the other channel. I guess that must be it. Have you read anything about that?

Reply to
NOPSAMmm2005

There are actually 4 there. The distribution is out on a single coax through a distribution amp to the rest of the house. The IR controller for one (the Dish DVR) is the one we use there. The IR control for the other nonDVR box is linked to a ReplayTV that just happens to be there (also outputting on the house cable). The two secondary receivers (also outputting on the house cable) are RF controlled and can be run from anywhere in the house so the physical location is not important.

Reply to
gfretwell