Why does new drain gurgle?

New kingston bath sink drain only. Old was metal, had to sawzall it out. In with new with overflow, plastic. Gurgles whether a trickle of water or full sink. The old made no noise and looks identical to new one. What is the loud gurgle from? I even dumped a load of drain cleaner in for s**ts and giggles, no change. There are no leaks.

Reply to
Thomas

I wouldn't use drain cleaner so easily. It can back up in other sinks and destroy things there, especially iron pots.

Especially if you live in an apartment with someone beneath you, and maybe even drains on the same level as the one you are trying to clean. Get advice first or call the landlord first.

Reply to
micky