Why...?

Why is Billy Maize yelling at me in his commercials. Does he think I can't hear..? Why would anyone hire this person to sell anything. If the general public has the same reaction to his voice that I do, they are all switching the channel until he's done yelling..

Reply to
in2-dadark

Why do you use WebTV?

Reply to
Oren

I can't stand him either, but you know his name and, most likely, several of the products he hawks. The reason he is doing it is because it works!

-- Herb snipped-for-privacy@herbstein.com

Reply to
Herb Stein

snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net wrote in news:23410-487A7EC2-1346@storefull-

3271.bay.webtv.net:

Between you and Billy Mays, just who is the fool?

Excerpt from:

"Mays currently resides in Odessa, Florida, northwest of Tampa in a 1.8 million dollar home built in 2005."

And just why DO you use WebTV? That's like powering a boat by putting a straw in the water and blowing in it.

Reply to
Red Green

He s flogging Magic Putty for $ 29.95 First its TWO tubes, then DOUBLES it then TRIPLES it..6 Tubes for $ 30

Problem is, they don't really say how big the "tubes" are. In one glimpse I see, it looks like they re SMALL, perhaps 2-3" by 3/4" ?

If you go to ACE hardware or HD, you can buy OATEY (plumbing) epoxy putty in a tube thats about 1" Dia X 8" long. I suspect thats MORE product than the Magic putty, and oh, by the way, it costs about 5 BUCKS, NOT $ 29.95

It works the same way, cut off a slice, blend it a while between yer fingers and apply..It's great stuff. EVERYONE should have a tube around for repairs.

Reply to
Rudy

I refuse to remember the name of any product he advertises, and if I did remember I would not buy it. He is SO IRRITATING..........second place goes to the Direct TV commercial that has been running for at least five years. Only reason I remember that one is that we already had the product and it is permanent :o)

Billy sells insurance now.

That figures.

Some folks like to go slow :o) Never tried it, but by the time Windows comes out with another version or two of Windows, I may have to quit. All it does for me is throw more advertising at me. The next generation will probably be holographs that slide in under the door :o)

Reply to
Norminn

Norminn wrote in news:GI-dnUstvP0nKOfVnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.com:

Can't argue with that.

3D-lifesize holographs via point & click menus. Weeeee-doggie!
Reply to
Red Green

I didn't check the price, but I noticed the Magic Putty in Walgreens. They have a lot of the "as advertised on TV " stuff.

At any rate the putty is prepackaged three to the box and if you get it at Walgreens there is no shipping. At $4 ++ for gas I wouldn't make a special trip.

Reply to
Charlie Bress

Between you and Billy Mays, just who is the fool? Excerpt from:

"Mays currently resides in Odessa, Florida, northwest of Tampa in a 1.8 million dollar home built in 2005." And just why DO you use WebTV? That's like powering a boat by putting a straw in the water and blowing in it.

-----------------------

I have a vacation home in the poconos and a home in the Stuart, Florida area not far from Tiger woods.. But Billie's got me beat even if he has just that one house (which I doubt)... Guess I'll have to speak a lot LOUDER...

I use webtv mostly because it's easy to use in 2 different homes and I can also use my computer..Less hassle. I occasionally get high speed cable DSL when there is a sale.

This month they have a free 50 dollar gas card and free install here up north. So, I'll get caught up on some work things and download some good music and shut it off when I follow the flock south.... Don't stay on line enough to justify keeping so much tied up in computing..

Reply to
in2-dadark

I use webtv because it is vasty superior to my computer. There is no high speed internet available in my area so I have to use dialup. My webtv will get on line in a little over one minute. The computer (Dell with Windows Vista) takes 15 minutes to get to the same point. With the webtv I can relax on the sofa with a cat on my lap and use my 27 inch TV for the monitor without having to wear my glasses. With the computer, I have to sit at a desk and wear reading glasses. Newsgroups and email are much easier with the webtv.

---MIKE---

Reply to
---MIKE---

snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (---MIKE---) I use webtv because it is vasty superior to my computer. There is no high speed internet available in my area so I have to use dialup. My webtv will get on line in a little over one minute. The computer (Dell with Windows Vista) takes 15 minutes to get to the same point. With the webtv I can relax on the sofa with a cat on my lap and use my 27 inch TV for the monitor without having to wear my glasses. With the computer, I have to sit at a desk and wear reading glasses. Newsgroups and email are much easier with the webtv. ===================

What he said... Plus with a webtv plus unit you can program your favorite shows to come on automatically. The cable company's box wont even do that..

Cat on you lap eh...? Webtv users are some freaky...

Reply to
in2-dadark

Dialup is the same on either. That difference you're talking about would be the time it takes the computer and OS to start up. So, you're assuming the computer is good for NOTHING that doesn't require internet access all the time.

Some do. Anyway, I prefer a separate PVR that has nothing to do with the cable company. For the most part, I use a couple of ReplayTV PVRs, which do all that and also allow transfers to a computer when desired.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

Webtv may be more convient for you, but as for it's superiorty, it is not even in the ballpark with a computer.

It is like comparing a bicycle to a freight train.

Reply to
metspitzer

A computer on dial-up is more like a tricycle.

---MIKE---

Reply to
---MIKE---