Treating hardwood floors

Having read about 30 sites on how to care for hardwood floors I'm getting the distinct impression that you don't treat them any differently than you would a cabinet, table, or other piece of hardwood furniture. So slathering it with wax or oils won't do anything to repair a bad finish - that hours of sanding, prepping, and sealing will. In short, it sounds like restoring banged up hardwood floors really sucks - especially when the sealant is half-gone.

Reply to
Eigenvector

I have seen commercials on TV with that guy Billy Mays who advertises all kinds of junk-- yelling at the top of his lungs-- pitching some kind of floor finish restorer. He takes a sander and scuffs up a floor and then mops this stuff on, and of course afterwards you can't see where he sanded. It is called "Orange Glow", or orange something. Probably worthless. If you haven't seen the ad and done so already, I'll make a note of the exact name and you can do an internet search on it.

Reply to
lp13-30