White-Rodgers Digital Thermostat Buzzing

Our thermostat regulates AC/heat pump. Early this morning, it started buzzing rather loudly while on the "heat" setting. It had been on the same setting all night and started buzzing spontaneously. I thought it might stop on it's own, but after about a minute I adjusted it - thought I had moved the button to "off" but it was dark and I had switched it to "emer heat" which stopped the buzzing. It's never done this and I am puzzled as to what might have caused the noise.

Reply to
norminn

Does it have an internal battery or does it derive the internal battery from the 24V power system?

Reply to
hrhofmann