Whirlpool strikes again

Hi All,

While trying to figure out what the heck on a wrong part from Whirlpool's parts diagram, I came across this video:

Click on the "Repair video". Run it up to 2:45 and watch till

4:20. In another world, this would be funny! AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH !!!!! Whirlpool's tech writers must have been fired from the I-R-S !!!

Yup. Another trip to Reno, this time with the old part (with part number sticker) in hand to purchase the correct part.

-T

Reply to
Todd

Au contraire. First, Obama never fires the worthless employees that are willing to kiss his ass, he only fires military commanders that don't agree with his extreme left view. (At least nine were fired just in 2013 alone.) Second, if those writers had worked for the IRS you would have never been able to find the video, let alone see it.

Reply to
Gordon Shumway

I'm on dial-up so a movie download for me is something that takes all day.

What is it about this Whirlpool video that makes Todd say that the Whirlpool repair techs must have been fired from the IRS?

Reply to
nestork

I learned to do that when I was about 20. Helped a friend change a water pump on a car. On the 3 rd trip back to get the right pump we finally took the old one with us. The parts man placed 7 on the conuter and told us to match up what we had. The pumps all looked the same, but depending on if you had air, power stearing and several other things, some of the holes would not be drilled or tapped.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

Oh, let me count the ways. Brake rotors, fans for heaters, and the list goes on. Take the old part..... always.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

It is about replacing an overload device on the refrig. You have to look at a 10 digit model number on the refrig. Look at the third number from the end and see what it is. Then yhou look at one of several parts to see which one is to be used, None of the numbers match up. He then goes to the web site and has to find the part numbers have been changed. And other things like that.

Sort of like the forms where you have to go three or four places to get the right numbers to put on certain blocks on the IRS tax form.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

Thanks, Ralph.

Reply to
nestork

If filing schedule C, provide a breakdown of expenses using form C-1 which can be downloaded and printed at your expense if you can find it on the web site.

I've worked on refrigerators for a decade or more. I've found very few moments when such a device shorts out, mostly they open up.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

The part numbers on the part are different than the numbers on the parts bags. And the part numbers on the parts bags are different than the part numbers in the repair manuals. The guy goes through a full minute of describing which part numbers are the same and which are different, and his delivery is flat, and humorless.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Like in computer talk, when a customer says he has a virus, a "short" can mean almost anything.

For instance, a light bulb "shorted" out. We both know that it "opened" or his breaker would have blown. "Shorted" has come to simply mean "faulty". Does drive you a little bit nuts when you are trying to troubleshoot though.

Reply to
Todd

Perfect description. The humor came from my wife laughing her butt off in the background whilst I tried to figure out what was going on -- playing the same section over and over until I threw my hands up in the air and said this is the wrong part. And every time I played it over, she laughed even harder

Reply to
Todd

Especially for literal people people like me.

When I do locksmith work, the people will try to talk using trade terms. "The tumbler isn't making the striker work, so the pins aren't shearing, which means that the plugger isn't doing what a plugger should do, so the jamb is not lining up with the strike plate, and so the cylinder is defective."

About that time it's all I can do not to scream in anguish.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Some how, a serious and flat delivery like that really makes the hysteria go off the charts.

Just got to love repair guys. When your back ordered FSP 10433668 is NLA, we can sub out a FSP 1064372, which FSP says is a non direct sub, remove most of wire from post 5, and sub the longer connection jumper FSP P/N 34934723 which is B/O for about two weeks, but you can use any common #16 AWG about three inch with a .250 waterproof siliconized insullated crimp not supplied. Do not use in bath tub with hair dryer and do not reversely install.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

What's PRC.

Is this cruising up and down the Reno strip (if there is one) or in general?

The West is a lot bigger than the Northeast. In 9 hours I could go from Baltimore through 5 other states to Boston.

The Southeast is a bit bigger. Maybe couldn't get more than 2 states away, to the western corner of North Carolina.

Going west, the middle of Ohio.

Reply to
micky

Hi Micky,

PRC = The Peoples Republic of California.

No. Freeway all the way past Carson City. If I was downtown, it would have taken me hours to get out of the city.

You will notice that Oren asked me how far away Reno was and I answered him in "time" not "miles". He didn't flinch. Yes, the West is a lot bigger.

-T

Reply to
Todd

Reply to
micky
[snip]

I remember visiting some friends in west Texas (about 100 miles west of Waco, nowhere near a big city). You could really see a lot of stars there.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

How far is that? About two beers.

Reply to