Where to get Bentonite clay (Home Depot? Target?)

I have Bentonite, how much you need,

Reply to
adriangarza007

replying to adriangarza007, Cathy little wrote: How much does it cost and where does it come from, originated from?

Reply to
Cathy little

Cathy little wrote in news:RKceA.452099$ snipped-for-privacy@fx09.am:

posted on March 18, 2010, 7:52 pm

I'd hope that the original poster has found an answer by now.

But just in case... if you need bentonite, buy a bag of plain unscented generic kitty litter.

Reply to
Doug Miller

Or go to Makoshika...

The Lakota name really means 'shitty place to be if it rains'.

Reply to
rbowman

replying to Ron, kathy wrote: ROFLMAO!!!!! ..........was wondering the same thing.......ROFLMAO!

Reply to
kathy

swilson

Non clumping cat litter, or industrial "oil dri" absorbants

Reply to
clare

This 17 year old thread keeps oozing up to the top. I suspect the OP may be taking a dirt map by now.

Reply to
gfretwell

replying to LM, HRL wrote: Try a fish hatchery or someplace that sells pond maintenance supplies

Reply to
HRL

elsha

replying to LM, Dafney Dewitt wrote: Any good Farmer Supply Store will have what you need in 40-50 lb bags. This will be Sodium Bentonite. Do not be fooled into getting a cheaper price with Calcium, Potassium, or Aluminum Bentonite. These alternatives will not swell to correct water leaks. Also, do not pay more for edible bentonite. You do not need it. Wilco Farm Stores are in my area, but any good farm store will do just fine. If you have a large project. Buy Sodium Bentonite Wholesale if you have an order of $300 or more from Teague Mineral Products Adrian, OR 97901 Phone: (541) 339-3940 with FREE Shipping. Note: Proper application of bentonite is needed for the best results. If in doubt ask how to apply bentonite before using it. It's simple and will save you from the chance of failure. Also, avoid using Kitty Litter. Many Kitty Litters have bentonite for clumping, but it is usually contaminated and of poor quality.

Reply to
Dafney Dewitt

Or if you'd like to purchase a rail car full of bentonite, contact

Bob

If you want it for a detox bath, then you can get a pound of it for less than $6 online at a botanical shop of your choice; some have the food grade version for less than $3 per pound. Natural Grocers has it, but it's overpriced ($13 for 11 oz) and it's designed to be used as a facial scrub.

And as other people have pointed out, it is an ingredient in cat litter - but I wouldn't ingest that! If you want it in bulk (50 lbs or more), then try landscaping/nurseries, since it is used as a pond liner and as a fertilizer.

Reply to
Aunt Cat