Where's the reset for my GFI.

I bought a house last year built in 1994 and was trimming the hedges from an outside plug in the front yard and the power tripped...I guess, after I checked the breaker box none of the breakers tripped and tried the plug with several appliances still did not work till the next day, when it started working by itself. Then now with a long string of party lights in the backyard plug the power is now gone and the power in the guest room plug is gone at the same time, there are no reset buttons and the breaker has not tripped any switches in the breaker box and the plugs again have no GFI reset switch. Can anyone relate to what my issue may be. Is there some new technology that has a GFI hidden in the wall or attic some where that resets after 48 hours ? I have good contacts thats build houses and work in property management that clam it's a GFI , I looked in the attic and all over the house, I feel stupid and need help.

Thanks Joe

Reply to
capja07

No, the GFCI is probably in one of your bathrooms or your garage outlet, and someone is resetting it without your knowledge.

Reply to
HA HA Budys Here

Well Budy, Guess what ! I reset the GFCI in the master bath and the plug worked in the back yard patio. Thanks Joe

Reply to
capja07

I knew this would be trouble when I was wiring them this way back in the mid

80's.

3500 sq.ft. homes on Long Island typically with 2 &1/2 - 3 &1/2 baths and 2 outdoor receptacles and all they got was 1 15 amp GFCI circuit.

Reply to
HA HA Budys Here

My dad is and architect and developer, I work for his construction company before I finish school and worked a computer consultant. I saw that he would low ball contactors as much as they can and threw things together with the lowest price materials just to pass inspection as a standard. I think their all like that. My dad used his architecture talents and tight wallet to a fine degree. Typical.

Reply to
capja7