Where do I get this felt weatherstripping?

I have this felt weatherstripping on my windows and sliding glass door that needs replacing. It slides into a groove on the metal frame. A picture is at

I've looked for it at Home Depot and Lowe's, and searched online, but I don't even know exactly what this stuff is called. Where can I find it, and what is the exact name for this type of weatherstripping?

Reply to
hondgm

My guess, felt.

-- Oren

Oren

(the keyboard got away)

Clip a sample and take it with you. Can you re-attach the strip or is it beyond repair? You can find a roll of felt strip...seen them, but forget where.

-- Oren

Oren

Looks like Schlegle stripping. Try a storm door/window outfit. Or a real hardware store.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Yep, it's Schegel. I was told that it was developed for the cockpit canopy of the Messeschmidt jet fighter. Anyone else heard that?

Reply to
Limey Lurker

Nope, never heard of it. Building cockpits must be expensive with a weather strip VS home repair type material?

-- Oren

Oren

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@l77g2000hsb.googlegroups.com:

Go to a real glass company. They need all different types to do installs & repairs.

Reply to
Al Bundy

It's definitely not felt.

I call it mousefur, but technically it is a kerf mounted pile weatherstripping, and any local window or storm door mfr should have it.

Reply to
Bob (but not THAT Bob)