When Replacement of Wall A/C Unit is Needed ?

I have two wall A/C units; one is a (CARRIER) 1992 installation and the other is a (FRIEDRICH) 2000 installation. Neither unit has ever been serviced.

Come the time that a unit needs to be replaced, are replacement units a standard size ? I am concerned about what will be necessary to ensure that the replacement unit fits the existing hole.

TNX.

Vince Long Island, NY

Reply to
Vince

Measure it then go shopping.

Reply to
Meat Plow

Most wall sleeves are a standard size. Take the measurment of the sleeve and look online at a maufacturer's website and they'll give you the spec sizes for the a/c. Don't forget the depth of the sleeve also. Most of the time Friedrich will fit any standard sleeve. So should Carrier. I just replaced 2 old Fedders a/c's in my father's condo with

2 new Friedrich a/c's and they fit perfect.
Reply to
Mikepier