What would you use to hold down a HF tire changer?

On Fri, 28 Oct 2016 13:38:49 -0400, Ralph Mowery

Just bolt it to a sheet of 3/4" plywood. Trim the sheet if you want it to store easily. Counter sink the nuts/heads so it sits flush.
Ralph Mowery wrote:

This is sort of what I am planning now, which is to anchor the pallet to the ground.

Drilling holes and sinking female threaded fittings is the best approach, I think, but that entails buying/renting an impact hammer for a one-time use of 4 holes.
It's certainly the most elegant solution though.
On Fri, 28 Oct 2016 15:06:05 -0000 (UTC), Bill Moinihan

Sorry, I cant resist this.........
Since all the other posts on alt.home.repair today are about Trump or Hillary, why not just get them two idiots to hold down your tire changer. Put one on the right and the other on the left....
At least they would both serve some useful purpose (for the first time)......... :)
(I'll shut up now.....)
On Friday, October 28, 2016 at 3:45:57 PM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moo wrote:

But how could you ever stand to listen to the two of them? Trump would be whining that the whole thing is rigged, it's unfair to him, he's been deliberately put in the worst spot. Hillary would be coughing and having convulsions while giving the hyena laugh.
Oren wrote:

Yes. I have plenty of room. But for something I'm only going to use once a year, I don't know if I want a concrete pad for it.
On Sat, 29 Oct 2016 20:44:54 -0000 (UTC), Bill Moinihan

Bolt it to the floor of that old pickup truck lawn ornament.
On 10/28/2016 10:06 AM, Bill Moinihan wrote:

I have a friend who is a trucker and we got an old semi truck brake drum out of the scrap steel bin. I bolted the tire changer to that and buried it outside. Nice and solid. Tell the wife it's some kind of fancy bird feeder if she complains. BTW, parts of those Harbor Freight changers can be bent, go easy on the tough tires. I have a bubble balancer and it does a pretty good job, plenty good enough for the way I drive. I like changing the tires... reminds me of the good old days when I worked at a gas station for my first job and we did them by hand. Those old 14 inch deep dish Chevy and Ford rims could be a challenge.