What will electrical code let me use this for?

This plug is rated for 15 A, 125 V, and 2 W.

See the label:

Would it be a code violation to use it on an appliance that uses more than 2 W?

Usually you're in trouble if you don't follow the label.

Reply to
TimR

2W as in 2 wire.
Reply to
Dean Hoffman

2 wires, not 2 watts

15a, 125v, ivory, residential rubber construction plug, 2 pole, 2 wire nema 1-15p, bulk.

In trouble with who?

Reply to
Marilyn Manson

It probably means 15 little amps, not the full-size ones.

Reply to
micky

Huh. Never occurred to me but that makes sense. Thanks.

Reply to
TimR

No, W is for watts but it's rated for miniature amps.

Reply to
micky

Yes, W stands for watts but whoever designed the package apparently didn't know that.

What I find strange is that no one anywhere along the line the of people involved with the packaging raised their hand and said "Hey, this label is wrong." Or maybe someone did but it was too late into the process and the PTB said "F' it. Keep going."

Most likely foreign made/packaged and something got lost in translation and nobody cared.

Reply to
Marilyn Manson