What to protect bare pinewood trailer sides?

Ok great.

Home Depot sell it?

Reply to
dean

What's a good stain/paint/varnish to use on a trailer's side walls? I normally keep them in the garage, but occasiionally they will be left out and could get rained on. The are 1" thick planks of bare, untreated pine. Want to stop them warping.

Thanks

Dean

Reply to
dean

I use Penofin for all my outdoor stuff and am completely sold on it. It can be tough to find sometimes (HD and Lowes vary as to whether they have it or not). Try a regular lumber yard if all else fails. You could also check with penofin.com for distributers in the area. The other option is to just paint with a good exterior paint. Cheers, cc

Reply to
James "Cubby" Culbertson

Penofin oil. Great for decks and outdoor furniture. Next would be Cetol stain by Sikkens. Not cheap, but very good.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

The wood will be flexing and exposed to weather, so go to a boat shop and get a good *marine* paint or varnish. You'll want to repaint/stain periodically depending on exposure. Somewhere between every 1 and 5 years would be my guess.

djb

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

Paint?

-Tim

Reply to
Tim Fischer

No. Apparently they chose to continue manfacturing a quality product rather than compromise their standards to meet the predatory pricing games of the big box stores. All the more reason to support them.

Penofin Says ?No? to Big Box Stores UKIAH, CA -- Penofin Performance Coatings Inc. issued a press release claiming it had ?fired their biggest customer.? Castle Newell III, president of Penofin, said, ?We were forced to make a choice ? move our manufacturing overseas to continue to do business with one of the largest retailers in the nation or say good-bye to this customer and keep these jobs from moving offshore. These giants want more rebates, more time to pay, added surcharges and monetary demands for their bottom lines that have been forcing thousands of American businesses to take their jobs to foreign countries. We said,?No!??

Reply to
Ranieri

I liked the product before, now I like it even more. I get mine at a local lumber yard. It is available by mailorder also.

Edwin Pawlowski