What's the point with the little paint rollers

Holds more paint?

I use them everywhere.

So, roll it on and brush it out? Do you dunk the roller in the can or roll it on?

Same here! We get a real good price at the distributor. They just ask: economy, contractor or best? Easy answer! They sell a lot of paint and have always got several guys mixing it up. I like shopping at a place where I know I can never go wrong and wind up with crap.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Thies

Outside I may use a roller pan but generally use a 2.5 gallon bucket with a mesh ramp. The larger project gets the bucket. Inside I always use a roller pan.

Proper loading of the roller is important. For maximum coverage you want it fully loaded but not dripping. This helps prevent roller stripes or welts. Properly loaded one of the little guys will hold and transfer about the same amount of paint as a cheaper 9" roller.

The brush out treatment is only used on the exterior painting, doors and trim. The brush smoothes the surface and eliminates any tendcy to an orange peel finish

Colbyt

Reply to
Colbyt

Right!

Rusty cans containing stewed parsnips can only give you botulism, whereas rust in a can of paint can screw up a whole Saturday.

Reply to
HeyBub

Isn't that a little slippery on non-carpeted floors?

I've been using red rosin paper taped down to my hardwood floors with painter's tape.

Cindy Hamilton

If you are gonna cover the entire floor , which I do , old fashion tar paper over lapped and taped together with duct tape works best..It in effect seals the floor from mishaps with no trip hazards...I use it for drywall and painting...I hate drop cloths and use plastic to cover furniture , ect...When you have to pay for mistakes to other peoples floors and furniture you cover it GOOD...LOL...

Reply to
benick