What's it called?

I want to get a valve that is opened and closed instantly by an electric current. It will be put on a pressurized garden hose. When I hit a button, the valve will open instantly, and water will spray out the hose. When I let off the button, the valve will close, and the water will shut off.

I'm trying to make a simple system to help break my dog of barking.

What is the name of this valve/actuator/device? And where might I find one?

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

Hi, solenoid water valve? Like used on washing machines?(hot and cold water inlet)

Reply to
Tony Hwang

anti-bark collar search at:

buffalobill

If you do get a solenoid valve, make sure to get one that operates on 12 volts, but in the real world, the anti bark collar would work better

Reply to
RBM

Yeah, what you will do is teach him that when he is hot or thirsty all he has to do is bark...

Reply to
Denny

Go to the lawn irrigation section of Home Depot or Lowes. They sell a series of electrically operated solenoid valves that can be adapted to garden hose use (normally attached to rigid PVC pipe)

Reply to
Robert Gammon

Or scrounge one from a discarded washing machine or dishwasher.

Nick

Reply to
nicksanspam

A bark collar will be cheaper and much more effective. I use electronic training collars for my dogs, It doesn't take long for them to figure things out. I just got a new Yellow this week and already he knows the yard boundaries. Searcher

Reply to
Shopdog

I dunno, but you're gonna teach your dark to bark when he's thirsty.

Reply to
Goedjn

A "Sprinkler Valve" and some PVC pipe fittings. You can run it off a 12V transformer or a car battery.

Reply to
PipeDown

Super Soak Oozinator Blaster

Sneak up on your opponents with a surprise bio-ooze attack! Just when they think you're coming at 'em with water, you'll stick 'em with a shot of icky bio-ooze. The Oozinator Blaster shoots out globs of the gooey stuff, then gets 'em with water ? a double blast attack that'll keep your opponents on their toes and running during every "water" fight.

Hit targets up to 35 feet away with a 27-ounce water-supply or up to

20 feet away with a 10-ounce bio-ooze capacity! Includes a 10-ounce cartridge of bio-ooze

Oren

Worked for me when I was little.

Reply to
mm

Antifreeze in his water bowl will stop the barking. Sponges soaked in bacon grease will also help.

Good luck.

Reply to
Oscar_Lives