What is this tool called for picking up heavy granite slabs?

It's a scissor device with two pressure pads on each side of the granite slab with the other end attached to a hoist or a folk lift. What is this tool called and where can I get one?

Reply to
# Fred #

They are called lifting tongs. Grainger may have them, I think. Otherwise, look here;

Robert Allison

If you don't do this a lot, C-clamps are more generally useful.

Reply to
Richard J Kinch

Thanks Robert and Richard for the feedback. I've looked up the lifting tongs and its way too pricy for occasioal use as its well over my $100 budget. Don't know why so much but looks like it could be frabricated in a half an hour or so. The C-clamps is a great idea too.

Reply to
# Fred #